Posted by Riott
Tavern Tycoon is a management game tycoon. Which I think is highly underrated on Steam. It’s has some negative reviews but don’t let that stop you if you are interested in that sort of game. It is an excellent game for a casual gamer but is plenty challenging.
Here are a few tips to help you survive the first few levels:
- Only build the rooms you need.
- Make the rooms the default size and don’t add extra furniture. The toilets are the only acceptation. I make the toilet room a little bit larger and have 3 to 4 toilets.
- Read the quest thoroughly at the beginning of each level. It will tell you what rooms you need. Build that room first.
- Locals like spas, Rogues like archery, Knights like the gym and Wizards / Mages like the arcane room.
- Most Patrons follow an order: Bar, Restaurant, Specialized room and then Guest room.
- Only allow enough patrons in that you have enough space for at the bar. (I start out with at least 2 bars and then add more later)
- You don’t have to accept every reservation but don’t reject them! Save them to accept later!
- It’s a good idea to always the let Health Inspector in.
- Patrons like to be near fireplaces.
- The highest rating a patron will give is: +20
- The lowest rating a patron will give you is: -30 (That is often because they were in a bar fight)
- The rating system is confusing. A patron can be totally happy with everything and still leave with a negative rating. (This might because they had to wait on a room)
- There is no way to stop bar fights.
- Admin office isn’t necessary to win a level. Don’t waste the money to build it.
- Staff will need a staff rest room. I add three couches to it so multiple employees can rest at the same time.
- Build a workshop and adjust the slider on the research panel to all the way blue. You will need to learn new recipes right from the beginning.
- The workshop needs a barmaid & bartender. This helps to learn or improve recipes and improves the quality of the mead.
- You can add extra equipment to the workshop (providing you have the room) and more employees to make the research go faster.
- Patron’s ratings will fall drastically if: mead quality is poor, they don’t get the meal they want from the restaurant, specialized room is not available, nowhere to sleep, long wait times or they get into a bar fight.
- Benches, bookshelves and chess boards help with the wait time.
- You can put multiple bunk beds in a shared room.
- Put stages or pianos near clusters of patrons. Random guests will start playing music on them and improves the rating of anybody nearby.
- I put lots of smoking couches in the gambling den not casino machines.
- Make sure you have plenty of handy men to clean the puke off the floor.
- My barmaid to table ratio is: 3 Tables to 1 Barmaid.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
Posted in Ipad Game Guides
Tags: arcane, archery, bands, bar, bards, barmaid, bartender, beds, benches, board, book, build, bunk, casino, chess, default, den, fights, fireplaces, gambling, guest, gym, handymen, health, high, hotel, inspection, inspector, knights, locals, low, machines, mages, magic, mead, mood, music, patrons, puke, quality, rating, reservations, rogues, room, self, shop, sleep, smoking, taven, toilets, tycoon, wait, wizards, workshop