BDO: Fishing Pro Tip
If you often leave your character on (while AFK) fishing then you definitely need to try out this location.
There is a little pond just outside of Duvencrune. (See Picture) There is an NPC located there that has a daily quest.
In this repeat quest, all you need to do is catch a “Korean Loach” fish and you are rewarded with 400 contribution experience.
If you are going to be AFK fishing, you might as well get some contribution experience from it too. Right around the corner from this pond, is a trader, blacksmith, storage and central market.
You can sell your fish, repair your rod and put your money in storage.
This location is never super crowded and nothing troll-ish happens there. In a few hours, I usually catch close to two million worth in silver. I will also get ancient relic crystal shards with a minimum of 1 but I have got as many as 12 before.
Gear & Stats
Fishing Master 8
7+ Epheria Fishing Rod
6+ Maple Float
1+ Fishing outfit
If you have a couple of choices with fishing rods but for long AFK fishing, I prefer Epheria. You can repair it and use it over and over.
I bought an upgraded one off marketplace and at 7+, this rod has 120 durability. The float helps catch better more expensive fish.
The fishing outfit gives me experience to level up in fishing. I’m debating whether to buy a higher grade outfit but not sure it’s worth the money.
*I usually buy upgraded items instead of upgrading them myself. I do not want to lose the black stones or break the item. Sometimes, it just cost more to upgrade an item then to simply buy it off marketplace.
Recently, I have leveled up one of my characters to the 59 and it’s been quite painful trying to get her to 60. I have been fighting monster after monster, mob after mob, until my tiny gamer fingers went numb. So I grew weary of fighting. I sat depressed on the side of the road watching other happy gamers go by. I started to do a few quests to fill the void and to my surprise BDO has added massive amounts of combat experience to all these quests. I spent two hours today doing all these random quests. I started out at 35%. See pictures below.
About an hour later, as you can see in this screenshot, I’m at 58.219 %
Another hour after that, I’m at 78.300%
Normally, this would have taken me weeks of fighting mobs to level up to this percent and I’m assuming BDO is adding combat experience in these quests to encourage people to do them. It is working, BDO! I definitely want to do some random quests! Never before had I had this much enjoyment from talking to NPC and basically, being their gimp for two hours. I have no idea how long BDO will keep the combat experience in these quests but if you need to level up a little quicker, I really suggest doing a few.
PRO TIP: DO THE QUESTS!
I did reach level 60 the same day as the post above. I found that certain areas did have quests with better combat experience as rewards. This tended to be new areas like: Grana,Stars End, Brelin Farms, Duvencrune & surrounding areas. If I went to Heidel or Veila, the quests did have combat experience but did not have as much as the new areas. From each quest, I was gaining 2 to 3 % experience. I also killed about 600 blue man dogs (Fabus) to compare if combat would give me more experience but it did not. I think after killing all the dirty dogs, I went up less than 1 %. So the quests are quicker and more experience.
I also found that quests with the book beside them offered better combat experience. There were a lot of repeat quests that did not have the combat experience but there were quite a few that did. I skipped the ones that had no experience as a reward. I’m not sure about the Black Spirit quests because I had completed the majority of those already.
BDO: Taking a Photo
Use Snippet or Print Screen to capture your photo.
Photos (Print Screen) should be saved in \Documents\Black Desert\Screenshot
Tips / Tricks
· CTRL + U (Hide your UI / Huds)
· Q (Sit or Crouch)
· Arrow Keys (Adjust Camera Position)
· Using Mouse Wheel or Shift + Up/Down Arrow Keys (zooming in or out)
· CTRL + Left / Right Arrow Keys (Depth of Field – This needs to be turned on in settings first)
· CTRL + Up/Down Arrow Keys (Depth of field strength – Turned on in settings)
· CTRL + Shift + Up/Down Arrow Keys (Change Photo Filters)
New Shai Class
· Limited Skills.
· The range of her boomerang (Florang) was a lot to be desired.
· The boomerang was not the greatest at mob killing. (Was not horrible either)
· She rides a donkey. A donkey, even one leveled up, is not worth very much. You cannot register a donkey on the horse market.
· Shai is a good character but probably not a class that you want to use strictly for fighting. PVP would be tough with her.
· She definitely does not have the power behind her like other characters. I do not think she would do well with Rift/World Bosses even with equipment leveled up to the max. (Just an opinion though)
Note I have now reached level 56 so where the fuck is her awakening weapon? Does she have one? Will she have one? Grrrrr.
· She is as cute as a button when she is slaughtering monsters and tiny villages.
· Shai is already level professional in Alchemy and Gathering.
· Since Shai does not have a whole lot of skills, it was easy to remember hot keys when using her for combat.
· She ran & jumped the same as a normal sized character.
· The donkey is easier to level up than a horse and eventually, is just as fast as a horse.
· Shai has a skill where she can heal her allies. I do not know anybody that I want to heal but if I were feeling generous, that would be a good option.
· Her outfits are adorable.
· It was relatively easy to level her up through combat.
· She is a great character/class for life skilling. I believe that is what Shai is designed for.
Picture of my lil Shai! She is just chilling with her donkey “Freak.”
Click to enlarge. (Picture is not edited)