Here are more quests in the The Great Expedition Oquillas Eye quest line. Here is the 1st post.
3rd Quest after you finished “Island of Opportunities” go over to the trader “Bahar” in Veila. He is over by the stables.
He will give the reward from the 2nd quest and then give you a new one called “Before Dawn Cries” Accept this.
This one is super easy. Just walk a few steps and start talking to Zaara, the materials vendor. She is right near Bahar.
She will reward you and then offer you a new quest called “Happiness of a book vendor” Accept it.
Then go to the table right next to her and start reading books.
Read all three books and go back to Zaara for a reward and new quest.
I’ll be updating this quest line as I get all the screenshots ready for them.
Black Desert has introduced a new way to get sail experience and all I have to say it about fucking time. Yay!
You will need to start the following quest from the black spirit and just a tip: one of your characters will need to be Fishing Professional 5 and above.
The quest is: The Great Expedition Oquillas Eye
- Accept the quest from the black spirit and go see Igor in Veila. He’s over by the tavern
- First quest completed.
- Second quest in the series is “Island of opportunities”
- Go to Islin in the tavern and “chat” with her.
- Once, you are done speaking with Islin go over to the table of rowdy drunks and start talking to this man. The one circled in red.
- Keep clicking on “Chat” until quest is completed.
I’ll finish these quests out as I go through them and take screenshots.
Party in my dorm tutorial -What to trade or keep?
Items you cannot give away, trade or even gift:
Pets or Pet Supply Boxes
Hunt collection items (Most)
You can drop the following for other people at their parties but you cannot trade or gift these:
Good items to trade:
What to keep:
This is considered currency in PIMD. It’s good to save all of these. I would only use these when you absoltuely have too.
A lot of people will overprice items and want you to pay in bentos or chibis. I was looking for a certain type of shards and wanted to trade with somebody.
I got so many posts on my wall where people said you can buy these shards for me for “Blank” amount of bentos. You do not need to accept these trades.
There are plenty of people who will trade without bentos or chibis.
People on the game will want to sell their hunt boxes (the ones that are tradeable) for bentos and chibis. Do not buy them. This is a rip off because in order to open these
boxes, you will need pim keys and in order to get pim keys, you need to pay real money and lots of it. If you pay for these using bentos or chibis, you are basically paying twice.
How to get extra hunt boxes?
If you are willingly to pay real money to open these boxes, you can ask in chat if somebody will gift or trade with you for some. There are a lot of people that do not want these boxes and will just gift them to you.
If you go the trade route, I would trade other items that are not bentos or chibis for them.
Good items to gift at Cat or Pizza Bikini parties:
If always expected in most clubs to gift the dropper of the cat or pizza bikini because the cat or bikini can cost real money and you need these items in order for the party to start.
Here’s a list of good gifts: (1 gift is usually acceptable unless otherwise noted)
Chibis (Some people give these – I don’t)
Furniture (Not starter furniture)
Current hunt boxes(Some people don’t want hunt boxes because they don’t have the funds to open them-Check first)
Here’s the bad list:
1 Shard (If you have to give shards – give 5 to 10)
Old hunt boxes
Wallpaper or flooring (This is a dull gift)
Party In My Dorm Tutorial: How to sell piggy banks. Go to the “Shop” at the bottom menu. Scroll down to MISC Click on the pig. It will have a pop up with the option of buying or selling. It will also tell you how many piggy banks you currently have. If you have some to sell, click on “Sell” and enter the amount. Then click on “Ok” All the cash will go into your bank. You get 7,500,000 for each bank.
This is for the game “Party in my dorm” for the IPAD. There is a ton of terminology for this game and some of it is not too easy to figure out. I’ll attempt to try to break this down.
|PARTY & CLUB TERMINOLOGY|
|POTD||Party of the day|
|HYPNOCAT||Premium Party – Somebody has to drop a hypnocat before the party will start. You get extra loot and cash from these parties but the Hypnocat needs to be bought first or won.|
|PIZZA BIKINI||Premium Party – Same as Hypnocat but a pizza bikini needs to be dropped first before the party starts.|
|TYFC||Thank you for the cat|
|TYFB||Thank you for the bikini|
|TYFD||Thank you for the drop|
|OPEN CAT or KINI||Clubs that open up premium parties for non members to join in|
|SWF||Some clubs / members are into Strip Farm Wars. Basically, stripping another player of everything they have. I don’t know much about this since I’m not really into doing that.|
|GIFT DROPPER||Means to send a gift to the person who drops a cat or bikini at the premium party|
|WMO||Wall me offers|
|C||a simple “C” usually followed after a number means “Chibis”|
|B||a simple “B” followed after a number means “Bento”|
|TRADE||You have to friend somebody before you can trade with them|
|BOXES||If somebody wants to trade or buy boxes – it usually means the current hunt boxes.|
|STARRED||If somebody wants to sell or trade their “Starred” that is in reference of items in their inventory that they have starred that show up on a certain section of their profile.|
|SPINNER||Some people are looking for “Spinner Items” This is items from the spinner game that you have to save points in order to play. The Spinner items change frequently.|
|STATS||Those are items in your iventory that boost your statistics higher. If you click on items in your inventory – it tells you if they have stats or not.|
|SHARDS||These are zodiac shards that when you earn enough will form a unique avie. You need an unreal amount to do anything with but people are always looking for them.|
|EC||Extra Credit – You need to use real money to get these.|
|HMU||Hit me up – means to message that person|
|WTF||What the fuck|
|ROLES||A list of story lines that you are willing to roleplay|
|IRL||In real life|
|TIMER||Timer boxes that you have to wait several hours for them to unlock|
Credits: (Check out landmark page for other landmarks)
Outfit: RUST REPUBLIC [a simpl truth] gray body maitreya (The owner is such a sweetheart. Check her stuff out. Mainstore)
Head: Catwa Lona Bento
Skin: Pumec (This is a skin in the gacha machine inside the store)
Eyes: Catwa Mesh Eyes
Eye Appliers: Suicidal Unborn – -SU!- Osanna Eyes Fatpack (The Fatpack has more color options)
Hair: Lamb. Wide Awake
Ears: HARO Ripped Ears
Rings: .pt. deity ring – delux – m
Body: Maitreya Lara
Pose: ::WetCat::& UnFlat ‘Winds’ Pinwheel
Summary: You have an avatar in which you use to socialize with other people.
I thought this was a pretty decent game especially if you are into socializing with other human beings. I did not find the avatars all that great looking and noticed if you wanted to change your look, it would cost some money. At that point, I was just like “Fuck it,” I’ll be ugly. You do start out with an apartment which was unfurnished. I did somehow get a free unicorn and a dog but I am unsure how I did that. There seemed to be a ton of places to venture off too (Bars, parks, etc) and several events that were also going on. My first journey was at a bar because I wanted to know if my avatar could get drunk. I could not figure out how to order anything and then realized that probably cost cash too. So then, I went to a dog park. I left my dog at home though. Time was well spent at the park because I met my first friend, Martin. (He was wearing a ball gag but seemed very nice) He encouraged me to find a job after I explained to him that I needed a lot of cash to get drunk. I asked him what kind of jobs were available to a person of my quality. I told him my interests were stripping and coupon clipping. He said he would help me find my dream job. That was exciting news, I had a new friend and would soon be employed and making lots of cash. After our serious employment chat, I asked Martin to be my mail order bride. I had to log after that so hopefully, he says yes soon.
I would recommend this game because it is casual and relaxing. There was no goal to the game other than finding friends. My only real issue was camera movement and walking. This is a personal issue because I’m really bad at reading directions.
A lot of people have asked me over the years how I take close up pictures and how I make the models eyes look so expressive.
Here’s are some things that I do when I take pictures. I’ll start with my graphic settings for the pictures.
Graphic Preferences: (Click on any to enlarge)
I take my pictures in Ultra graphics. If your computer cannot handle Ultra, try high or medium. They will be at least better than low.
I save my pictures roughly around 6000 pixel width to 3000 / 4000 pixel height. After I am finished editing in photoshop, I will resize the picture to around 2000 pixels in width. It’s better to save your picture as large as you can and then resize after editing. I can try to explain this one all day but trust me, you will want to do this.
I use firestorm as my viewer. I find it’s better for taking pictures then the default SL viewer.
I use photo tools a lot. The main thing I do is change the Depth of view -view angle. I don’t turn Depth of Field on. I just use the view angle on that tab.
DOF view angle combined with the free cam tool, you can use the mouse wheel to zoom in closer than you usually can.
See Part Two – Editing the face shape to make the eyes look more expressive
Photography tutorial part 2: How I make the eyes look so expressive.
Emotion in the eyes:
When it comes to capturing emotions in the eyes, I do a few tricks. It’s not natural by any means.
1. I do use mesh eyes. (Catwa eyes to be exact) The hud that comes with the Catwa eyes allows you to move the eyes in different directions. This is helpful when you are posing to have the eyes stay in the position that you want them in. You do not have to use Catwa eyes but it is handy to have that Hud with the eyes.
2. Depending on what emotion I am trying to capture, I will move the mesh eyes up or down. I find if I want to capture anger, hostility or even a sensual pose; I move the iris more towards the top of the eyelid. If I am looking for a soft, sad, depressed or even a more innocent expression; I move the iris closer to the bottom. (See pictures below)
3. I edit my face shape. I have several shapes saved for pictures that I custom made myself. With one shape, the outer corner of the eyes are intentionally turned downwards. (Not a lot because I don’t want to make it super noticeable) This gives the face a natural sadden appearance. When you experience grief or are crying, the outer corners of your eyes will turn downwards. When you are overjoyed or excited, those outer corners will turn up. So based on the type of picture is the shape I use.
4. Not all mesh eyes are created equal. I think we all can tell the difference between noob eyes and high quality eyes. I tend to use eyes that I know will photograph well. There are a lot of good quality eyes that look great but for some reason just don’t photograph well. It’s just like real life when you think you look great and then somebody shows you a picture of yourself from a party and your eyes look like they belong in the black pits of hell. After a lot of trial and error, I have found several people that make wonderful photographic worthy eyes. (I have not tried all the eyes in Second Life – these are just my personal preference – use the eyes you personally like)
5. Here are a list of eye makers to try out if you are struggling: (Again, I use the Catwa Eye system with appliers from the designers below)
a. A R T E
c. Go & See
e. IKON (He doesn’t really update but his eyes are mesh and they come with a hud)
5. Eyebrow shapes are seriously important to your picture. The wrong eyebrow shape can really make your picture look like shit. Here are two pictures using different eyebrow shapes: I think you can see the difference in facial expressions.
Will write up a tutorial for wind lights soon. So look for part three soon.
How to level up sailing?
Here is what you need to do:
· Own a boat. (A raft will not work)
· Have lots of repair kits
· You only gain sailing experience in un-mapped (unchartered) water. (Margoria Ocean)
· You cannot auto-path in this area.
· You cannot “AFK” sail in this area. (At least it’s not recommended)
· You will run into ghost ships and water sprouts that can damage your boat.
· There are several daily quests in Port Ratt that help you gain sailing experience.
· You can kill / hunt sea monsters. (Young Black Rust, Young Candidum, Young Nineshark) This will give you some sailing experience too.
Leveling up in sailing is one of the more difficult life skills to get experience for. BDO has reduced the experience you need for sailing to level up but really, not made it any easier to gather that experience. You will have to decide if sailing that much is worth it to you.
Here is a random picture of my Shai character for no reason at all.