I recently purchased LeLutka Axis HUD Face to see how it would work with photography and if it could edit emotions. I have to say it does the job really well. I was able to edit the direction of the eyes, eyebrows and mouth in this picture and it was all fairly easy to do. Once you put on the hud, it includes picture directions on how to use which was extremely helpful. The cost was L1500 which if you are into photography and do a lot of it, I feel it’s worth the price. You probably need to be wearing a Lelutka head too. If you want a copy of your own – here is the landmark: Tp here
Head: LeLUTKA Avalon Head 3.0
Eyes: Letutka Eyes
Eye Appliers: IKON Apex Eyes – Denim
Hair: Doux Boyfriend
Skin: [theSkinnery] Vera (LeLutkaEVOX) honey
Nose: Izzie’s – Button Nose (LeLutka Evo X BOM)
Dimples: Izzie’s – Dimples (LeLutka Evo X)
Eyeliner: #Adored (A – extremeo liners [lelutka evo x])
Lipgloss: Gloom. – Sweetheart Lipstick – Fatpack
Photography tutorial part 2: How I make the eyes look so expressive.
Emotion in the eyes:
When it comes to capturing emotions in the eyes, I do a few tricks. It’s not natural by any means.
1. I do use mesh eyes. (Catwa eyes to be exact) The hud that comes with the Catwa eyes allows you to move the eyes in different directions. This is helpful when you are posing to have the eyes stay in the position that you want them in. You do not have to use Catwa eyes but it is handy to have that Hud with the eyes.
2. Depending on what emotion I am trying to capture, I will move the mesh eyes up or down. I find if I want to capture anger, hostility or even a sensual pose; I move the iris more towards the top of the eyelid. If I am looking for a soft, sad, depressed or even a more innocent expression; I move the iris closer to the bottom. (See pictures below)
3. I edit my face shape. I have several shapes saved for pictures that I custom made myself. With one shape, the outer corner of the eyes are intentionally turned downwards. (Not a lot because I don’t want to make it super noticeable) This gives the face a natural sadden appearance. When you experience grief or are crying, the outer corners of your eyes will turn downwards. When you are overjoyed or excited, those outer corners will turn up. So based on the type of picture is the shape I use.
4. Not all mesh eyes are created equal. I think we all can tell the difference between noob eyes and high quality eyes. I tend to use eyes that I know will photograph well. There are a lot of good quality eyes that look great but for some reason just don’t photograph well. It’s just like real life when you think you look great and then somebody shows you a picture of yourself from a party and your eyes look like they belong in the black pits of hell. After a lot of trial and error, I have found several people that make wonderful photographic worthy eyes. (I have not tried all the eyes in Second Life – these are just my personal preference – use the eyes you personally like)
5. Here are a list of eye makers to try out if you are struggling: (Again, I use the Catwa Eye system with appliers from the designers below)
a. A R T E
c. Go & See
e. IKON (He doesn’t really update but his eyes are mesh and they come with a hud)
5. Eyebrow shapes are seriously important to your picture. The wrong eyebrow shape can really make your picture look like shit. Here are two pictures using different eyebrow shapes: I think you can see the difference in facial expressions.
Will write up a tutorial for wind lights soon. So look for part three soon.
BDO: Taking a Photo
Use Snippet or Print Screen to capture your photo.
Photos (Print Screen) should be saved in \Documents\Black Desert\Screenshot
Tips / Tricks
· CTRL + U (Hide your UI / Huds)
· Q (Sit or Crouch)
· Arrow Keys (Adjust Camera Position)
· Using Mouse Wheel or Shift + Up/Down Arrow Keys (zooming in or out)
· CTRL + Left / Right Arrow Keys (Depth of Field – This needs to be turned on in settings first)
· CTRL + Up/Down Arrow Keys (Depth of field strength – Turned on in settings)
· CTRL + Shift + Up/Down Arrow Keys (Change Photo Filters)
Hello All! I’m going to dedicate this blog to all my Second Life pets. They have caused endless hours of entertainment and frustration.
I’ll also include some landmarks to get a pet of your own.
One of my first pets was from KittyCatS. A friend of mine had one and from there, I had to have one too. I named him “Wanker.” See picture below. He was my first and only one that is an eternal pet. I spent a good year of my life breeding these cats and learning about genetics. This was also a very good lesson in regards to addiction. (I’m recovered now, thanks.)
Wanker and I living it up in my SL mansion.
One of my favorite breedable pets was one called “Drawfins” which are no longer around. It’s sad because these little dwarves were so much fun. I got them originally because I thought you could watch them actually breed and who doesn’t want to see dwarves breed? At last, you didn’t see anything because the offspring magically appeared in an egg. Hilga, my Viking Drawfin, featured below. Such a warrior she was.
Next was my adorable piggy, “Lil Dickie,” who just attached to you and you could walk around with him. I bought him back in 2013 at Manticore and he’s discontinued now but you can get other pets there like the cat in the pet edition picture. Manticore
I thought since I had a pig; I might as well get a monkey. I found my pet monkey “Chico Love” at Zooby. He is the kind of pet you can actually train to do tricks with enough patience and food. I taught him to smoke and fart. I love him so much.
My newest addition to my household is “Nigel.” I got him over at Fennux. I have only had him a few hours but it looks like he will be able to combat other Fennux. So I plan on training him to be a soldier in my army and win momma some money. He has a brother named “Wally.” I can tell Wally isn’t much of a fighter because he’s already been swimming laps in the pool and drinking cans of beer.
Here are some of my inside pets. They just laze around and look cute. They do an amazing job at being adorable.
Jinx, my little wiener dog from JIAN. He’s very animated.
My other one, Harry, the unicorn dog, from Black Bantam.
Here are some more cool places to get a pet of your very own!
Hairology event starts tomorrow – Jan 10th! Check out KoKoLoReS new hair! Landmark here.
What I am wearing:
Hair: [KoKoLoReS] Hair – Vanessa
Skin: Lara Hurley-Fae drained dark
Eyes: [Buzz] Elysium Eyes – Jade
Eyeliner : (EPOQUE) Essential Liner Thin I
Lashes: Eyelashes -20- DiamondDust *REDGRAVE*
Outfit: -Pixicat- Tropical.MaxiDress – Black, Kibitz – The heart necklace – gold, .ET. L’odeur du cuir Bracelet Black
Click the picture to enlarge ❤