New hair by KoKoLoReS is this sexy 60’s style. Go check it at the Vintage Fair!
Hair: [KKLRS] Hair – Lesley (@ Vintage Fair)
Head & Eyes: LeLUTKA Nova Head 1.1
Skin: #7 [PUMEC] – DANNA – APRIL — LELUTKA app.
Body: Maitreya Lara
Flowers: LODE Head Accessory – Hello June Crown [rose chafer] RARE
Dress: -Pixicat- Darling.Dress (White)
Photography tutorial part 2: How I make the eyes look so expressive.
Emotion in the eyes:
When it comes to capturing emotions in the eyes, I do a few tricks. It’s not natural by any means.
1. I do use mesh eyes. (Catwa eyes to be exact) The hud that comes with the Catwa eyes allows you to move the eyes in different directions. This is helpful when you are posing to have the eyes stay in the position that you want them in. You do not have to use Catwa eyes but it is handy to have that Hud with the eyes.
2. Depending on what emotion I am trying to capture, I will move the mesh eyes up or down. I find if I want to capture anger, hostility or even a sensual pose; I move the iris more towards the top of the eyelid. If I am looking for a soft, sad, depressed or even a more innocent expression; I move the iris closer to the bottom. (See pictures below)
3. I edit my face shape. I have several shapes saved for pictures that I custom made myself. With one shape, the outer corner of the eyes are intentionally turned downwards. (Not a lot because I don’t want to make it super noticeable) This gives the face a natural sadden appearance. When you experience grief or are crying, the outer corners of your eyes will turn downwards. When you are overjoyed or excited, those outer corners will turn up. So based on the type of picture is the shape I use.
4. Not all mesh eyes are created equal. I think we all can tell the difference between noob eyes and high quality eyes. I tend to use eyes that I know will photograph well. There are a lot of good quality eyes that look great but for some reason just don’t photograph well. It’s just like real life when you think you look great and then somebody shows you a picture of yourself from a party and your eyes look like they belong in the black pits of hell. After a lot of trial and error, I have found several people that make wonderful photographic worthy eyes. (I have not tried all the eyes in Second Life – these are just my personal preference – use the eyes you personally like)
5. Here are a list of eye makers to try out if you are struggling: (Again, I use the Catwa Eye system with appliers from the designers below)
a. A R T E
c. Go & See
e. IKON (He doesn’t really update but his eyes are mesh and they come with a hud)
5. Eyebrow shapes are seriously important to your picture. The wrong eyebrow shape can really make your picture look like shit. Here are two pictures using different eyebrow shapes: I think you can see the difference in facial expressions.
Will write up a tutorial for wind lights soon. So look for part three soon.
Hair: Kokolores: [KKLRS] Hair – Keira (New Release & Group Gift – Tp here)
Head: Catwa Lona (Bento)
Eyes: Catwa Eyes
Eye Applier: .euphoric ~Riri Eyes Applier ~[Catwa]
Ears: ^^Swallow^^ Noldor Elf Ears
Body: Maitreya Lara
Dress: -Pixicat- Darling.Dress (White)
I am adding a new section to this site. (See top menu) It is where I will be posting my reviews and other bs at. I have two sections so far: Netflix Reviews and IPAD Time Waster Games. I will be adding more to this section fairly often in the next coming weeks as most of it is already written. (about 100 lolz.) Categories to come are: YouTube Melts My Mind – which will be a mixture of videos/people I like and other things that I’m sure somebody was on acid when they made it. I know this isn’t really an interactive site but if you wanted to contact me with a category, you would like me to toss in the mix – I sure would like to hear from you. See contact form below.
I suppose I should have a disclaimer so some hipster doesn’t get up in my shit. My quote aka disclaimer: “My opinion and advice is shit at best. Please, lower your expectations and do not believe at any point in time now or in the future will I provide valuable reading material. Thank you.” end quote / disclaimer.
What I have posted so far:
IPAD Time Waster Games:
New Shai Class
· Limited Skills.
· The range of her boomerang (Florang) was a lot to be desired.
· The boomerang was not the greatest at mob killing. (Was not horrible either)
· She rides a donkey. A donkey, even one leveled up, is not worth very much. You cannot register a donkey on the horse market.
· Shai is a good character but probably not a class that you want to use strictly for fighting. PVP would be tough with her.
· She definitely does not have the power behind her like other characters. I do not think she would do well with Rift/World Bosses even with equipment leveled up to the max. (Just an opinion though)
Note I have now reached level 56 so where the fuck is her awakening weapon? Does she have one? Will she have one? Grrrrr.
· She is as cute as a button when she is slaughtering monsters and tiny villages.
· Shai is already level professional in Alchemy and Gathering.
· Since Shai does not have a whole lot of skills, it was easy to remember hot keys when using her for combat.
· She ran & jumped the same as a normal sized character.
· The donkey is easier to level up than a horse and eventually, is just as fast as a horse.
· Shai has a skill where she can heal her allies. I do not know anybody that I want to heal but if I were feeling generous, that would be a good option.
· Her outfits are adorable.
· It was relatively easy to level her up through combat.
· She is a great character/class for life skilling. I believe that is what Shai is designed for.
Picture of my lil Shai! She is just chilling with her donkey “Freak.”
Click to enlarge. (Picture is not edited)
I meant to get this out around Valentine’s but I kinda missed the mark but this is a new release by KoKoLoReS and it’s at the mainstore.
Check out KoKoLoReS new hair available at the mainstore. Tp Here!
Hair: [KoKoLoReS] Hair – Diana (At Mainstore)
Head: Catwa Lona
Eyes: [Buzz] Aura Eyes – Pitch
Lips: Mudskin Lipstick pack from this month’s Powder Pack. (For Catwa)
Body: Maitreya Mesh Body – Lara V4.1
Headpiece: LODE Head Accessory – Bleeding Hearts [pink hearts]
Shirt: Tres Blah – Fitted Tee – Valentine’s Day Gift