How to level up sailing?
Here is what you need to do:
· Own a boat. (A raft will not work)
· Have lots of repair kits
· You only gain sailing experience in un-mapped (unchartered) water. (Margoria Ocean)
· You cannot auto-path in this area.
· You cannot “AFK” sail in this area. (At least it’s not recommended)
· You will run into ghost ships and water sprouts that can damage your boat.
· There are several daily quests in Port Ratt that help you gain sailing experience.
· You can kill / hunt sea monsters. (Young Black Rust, Young Candidum, Young Nineshark) This will give you some sailing experience too.
Leveling up in sailing is one of the more difficult life skills to get experience for. BDO has reduced the experience you need for sailing to level up but really, not made it any easier to gather that experience. You will have to decide if sailing that much is worth it to you.
Here is a random picture of my Shai character for no reason at all.
BDO: Fishing Pro Tip
If you often leave your character on (while AFK) fishing then you definitely need to try out this location.
There is a little pond just outside of Duvencrune. (See Picture) There is an NPC located there that has a daily quest.
In this repeat quest, all you need to do is catch a “Korean Loach” fish and you are rewarded with 400 contribution experience.
If you are going to be AFK fishing, you might as well get some contribution experience from it too. Right around the corner from this pond, is a trader, blacksmith, storage and central market.
You can sell your fish, repair your rod and put your money in storage.
This location is never super crowded and nothing troll-ish happens there. In a few hours, I usually catch close to two million worth in silver. I will also get ancient relic crystal shards with a minimum of 1 but I have got as many as 12 before.
Gear & Stats
Fishing Master 8
7+ Epheria Fishing Rod
6+ Maple Float
1+ Fishing outfit
If you have a couple of choices with fishing rods but for long AFK fishing, I prefer Epheria. You can repair it and use it over and over.
I bought an upgraded one off marketplace and at 7+, this rod has 120 durability. The float helps catch better more expensive fish.
The fishing outfit gives me experience to level up in fishing. I’m debating whether to buy a higher grade outfit but not sure it’s worth the money.
*I usually buy upgraded items instead of upgrading them myself. I do not want to lose the black stones or break the item. Sometimes, it just cost more to upgrade an item then to simply buy it off marketplace.