How to level up sailing?
Here is what you need to do:
· Own a boat. (A raft will not work)
· Have lots of repair kits
· You only gain sailing experience in un-mapped (unchartered) water. (Margoria Ocean)
· You cannot auto-path in this area.
· You cannot “AFK” sail in this area. (At least it’s not recommended)
· You will run into ghost ships and water sprouts that can damage your boat.
· There are several daily quests in Port Ratt that help you gain sailing experience.
· You can kill / hunt sea monsters. (Young Black Rust, Young Candidum, Young Nineshark) This will give you some sailing experience too.
Leveling up in sailing is one of the more difficult life skills to get experience for. BDO has reduced the experience you need for sailing to level up but really, not made it any easier to gather that experience. You will have to decide if sailing that much is worth it to you.
Here is a random picture of my Shai character for no reason at all.
New Shai Class
· Limited Skills.
· The range of her boomerang (Florang) was a lot to be desired.
· The boomerang was not the greatest at mob killing. (Was not horrible either)
· She rides a donkey. A donkey, even one leveled up, is not worth very much. You cannot register a donkey on the horse market.
· Shai is a good character but probably not a class that you want to use strictly for fighting. PVP would be tough with her.
· She definitely does not have the power behind her like other characters. I do not think she would do well with Rift/World Bosses even with equipment leveled up to the max. (Just an opinion though)
Note I have now reached level 56 so where the fuck is her awakening weapon? Does she have one? Will she have one? Grrrrr.
· She is as cute as a button when she is slaughtering monsters and tiny villages.
· Shai is already level professional in Alchemy and Gathering.
· Since Shai does not have a whole lot of skills, it was easy to remember hot keys when using her for combat.
· She ran & jumped the same as a normal sized character.
· The donkey is easier to level up than a horse and eventually, is just as fast as a horse.
· Shai has a skill where she can heal her allies. I do not know anybody that I want to heal but if I were feeling generous, that would be a good option.
· Her outfits are adorable.
· It was relatively easy to level her up through combat.
· She is a great character/class for life skilling. I believe that is what Shai is designed for.
Picture of my lil Shai! She is just chilling with her donkey “Freak.”
Click to enlarge. (Picture is not edited)