Quest 18: An Exhausting Situation
When you reach Maghed and give him 2 gold bars. He is going to give you a new quest.
Basically, you will need to run around and kill a few Gahaz bandits and go back to Maghed.
Quest 19: Obtain Golden Desert Coin.
This will send you in the desert again – so you will need your shovels and compass.
You will need to travel pretty far in the desert (where it’s marked on the map) and dig up some coins.
Center yourself exactly in the middle of the mini map quest circle. Keep digging there and you will get 5 coins.
You won’t get a coin each time but keep digging there.
Once you find the 5 coins, ride back to Valencia and talk to Afuara.
Hand over the 5 coins to him. He won’t give you the next quest.
20: For God’s Sake!
The Black Spirit will be pissed you handed coins over to that troll and call you stupid.
He will tell you to go talk to Zobadi. Just do it and let’s get this questline over.
Once, you meet Zobadi in Valencia, he will give you yet another quest.
Go steal a storage key from Afuara (F6) and go to Arehaza – which is the town to the east of Valencia.
21 Quest: The Same Method
Once you speak to the storage keeper – the Black Spirit will give you a quest.
Go back to Valencia and find King Sahazad
New hair by KoKoLoReS at The Liaison Collaborative. Tp here.
Hair: [KoKoLoReS] Hair Summer
Head: GENUS Project – Genus Head – Baby Face W001 – Mocap
Eye Applier for Genus Eyes: .euphoric ~Deep Love Eyes Applier ~[Genus]Blue Pack
Skin: #15 [PUMEC] – OLYA – JUNE — GENUS app.
Body: Maitreya Lara
Shirt: CandyDoll Blair Blouse Nude
Kitty Powers’ Matchmaker
Genre: Dating / Stimulation
Summary: You work at a dating agency and you goal is to find love connections for your clients.
Here are the bad ones first: I think the graphics could be better. It’s not the worst that I have seen but definitely not great. Some parts of the game got a bit tedious especially if you ended up picking the same restaurant multiple times. The good part is that I thought the game was hilarious. I got several good chuckles from the situations that the characters were involved in and the game developers were really creative when it came to character names and hobbies. The mini games were challenging enough and in some cases, you could cheat if you wanted too. I don’t mind being a cheater so that worked for me. Below, there is a small guide for some tips & hints on how to play and do well.
I would recommend this especially if you are just looking for a relaxing casual game.
Kitty Powers’ Matchmaker Tips:
- Pay attention to how the character’s appearance and their attire. This is a clue on what type of personality they are. You have, for example, geeky, sporty, hippie, edgy and etc.
- Astrological signs are not that important. It helps but it’s not important to make a relationship work.
- You need two or more personality traits to match up in order for the characters to want to start a relationship. (This is the 3rd tab on the profile)
- 3 star rated characters do not like going to 1 start restaurants. VIP characters are even more picky. The date will give you a strike for this.
- Your date will give you a strike if you take them to the same restaurant twice.
- You can only talk about most topics one time with the exception of interests. You can talk about that up to 3 times with the same date. Do not pick the same interests each time though.
- You get bonus points if both characters have matching professions or matching hobbies / likes.
- If the character gets their heart broke three times, they will leave the agency.
- If their date reaches 3 strikes during dinner, the date will walk out of the restaurant.
- Every time, you unlock a restaurant; you are also unlocking new mini games.
- If you know your date is an extrovert, you don’t have to worry about passing the farting mini game. An extrovert will not care if you fart.
- A date, who is an extrovert, will not care if you talk to your ex in the restaurant. You will not have to lie. If you are on a date with an introvert, you will have to lie or you will get a strike from your date.
- In order for a couple to have children, they will have to be an A / A + pair.
Credits: (Check landmark page for links)
Outfit Shirt & Pants: RUST REPUBLIC [silhouette] @ Cosmopolitan
Head: Catwa Lona
Skin: Pumec (skin in the gacha machine inside the store)
Eyes: Catwa Mesh Eyes
Eye Appliers: Suicidal Unborn – -SU!- Osanna Eyes Fatpack (The Fatpack has more color options)
Hair: DOUX – Jessa Hairstyle
Body: Maitreya Lara
Pose: ::WetCat:: ‘Fresh’ Prop set [Bento]
Location: Baja Isles
Photography tutorial part 2: How I make the eyes look so expressive.
Emotion in the eyes:
When it comes to capturing emotions in the eyes, I do a few tricks. It’s not natural by any means.
1. I do use mesh eyes. (Catwa eyes to be exact) The hud that comes with the Catwa eyes allows you to move the eyes in different directions. This is helpful when you are posing to have the eyes stay in the position that you want them in. You do not have to use Catwa eyes but it is handy to have that Hud with the eyes.
2. Depending on what emotion I am trying to capture, I will move the mesh eyes up or down. I find if I want to capture anger, hostility or even a sensual pose; I move the iris more towards the top of the eyelid. If I am looking for a soft, sad, depressed or even a more innocent expression; I move the iris closer to the bottom. (See pictures below)
3. I edit my face shape. I have several shapes saved for pictures that I custom made myself. With one shape, the outer corner of the eyes are intentionally turned downwards. (Not a lot because I don’t want to make it super noticeable) This gives the face a natural sadden appearance. When you experience grief or are crying, the outer corners of your eyes will turn downwards. When you are overjoyed or excited, those outer corners will turn up. So based on the type of picture is the shape I use.
4. Not all mesh eyes are created equal. I think we all can tell the difference between noob eyes and high quality eyes. I tend to use eyes that I know will photograph well. There are a lot of good quality eyes that look great but for some reason just don’t photograph well. It’s just like real life when you think you look great and then somebody shows you a picture of yourself from a party and your eyes look like they belong in the black pits of hell. After a lot of trial and error, I have found several people that make wonderful photographic worthy eyes. (I have not tried all the eyes in Second Life – these are just my personal preference – use the eyes you personally like)
5. Here are a list of eye makers to try out if you are struggling: (Again, I use the Catwa Eye system with appliers from the designers below)
a. A R T E
c. Go & See
e. IKON (He doesn’t really update but his eyes are mesh and they come with a hud)
5. Eyebrow shapes are seriously important to your picture. The wrong eyebrow shape can really make your picture look like shit. Here are two pictures using different eyebrow shapes: I think you can see the difference in facial expressions.
Will write up a tutorial for wind lights soon. So look for part three soon.
Quests: Follow them
Keep following all those quests especially in the beginning.
They are relatively simple and offer bonus rewards.
Customize your deck as soon as possible.
How: Go to the “Deck” option on the main menu.
Turn “Auto Deck” off.
The top row is the deck, you are playing with. The bottom is all your extra cards.
Drag and drop your cards that you do not want to the bottom row.
Place all the better cards into the top row.
The pink, blue and green are the better cards. The gray cards are the lowest tier.
Level up your cards
You do not need to level up all your cards. Start with the rarer ones in your deck. (Pink, Blue & Greens)
Still in your deck option from the front menu, click on one card from your deck.
Once you click it, there is an option to upgrade the card at the bottom.
In order to level the card up, you will need some “Giggitywatts” or “Coins.”
How much it takes to level up a card depends on how rare it is.
You can also hit the “Max Out” button at the top of the card if you just want to max the card out.
Make your card even more powerful!
When you have maxed out / leveled up two identical cards, you can fuse them together to make one better card.
I do this a lot with my extra grey cards because you are going to need grey cards in your deck, so you might as well make them as powerful as they can be.
Research those combos!
During battles, you can stack cards onto other cards if the combo has been researched.
Click on “Research” from the main menu.
Click on one of the research pods and pair two cards together. It usually takes a few hours to a day to research most combos. (It depends on the rarity of cards on how long it takes)
I pick one card out of my deck and try to research as many combos with that card. Basically, keep doing research until every card in my deck can be paired with another card or multi cards.
You can also obtain rare cards from research.
Buying extra cards……
You do not need to buy extra cards if you level up your cards and research combos.
If you just want to support the creators and get rare cards faster, then go for it.
Covet Fashion: Challenge Tip
Some of the challenges provide additional clues other than the picture and description. You will see a bar, close to the top, highlighted in pink. (See picture) Click the bar. This will open up a new pop-up window showing clothing items that are geared towards the theme. These items are not required. Some of those items might already be in your closet or you can buy them. Whether you buy them or not, it’s a good guide to tell where the theme is going and how other players are going to be dressing their character.
Some challenges also will have a little box in the corner that resembles a wand. This is the prop options. The challenge will allow you to use props in three different areas of the picture. Covet does not have a huge prop collection but props are free so if it fits the theme go for it.
Total hot bed areas for noob killing spree:
I have not been a BDO noob for a very long time but it never fails, whenever I try to level up a new character these are the areas, I get viciously slaughtered down by other players the most.
Rhutum Sentry Post
You may wonder why so much killing and bloodshed happens in these areas. It’s because these are the areas that a character will hit that 50 level mark. So to all the gaming psychopath’s out there, it makes you easy pickings.
PVP is allowed after level 50 and above. Most players when they hit the level 50 mark, they are still not strong enough to fight off other players. Many predatory assholes will lay and wait for those noobs to wander through there. My guess is the reasons why are as follows: 1. They want to lose Karma. Some people enjoy the bad guy aspects of this game. 2. They find it entertaining. 3. They think it will add clout with their other guild-ies and friends. 4. The noob has invaded their grinding spot. 5. They are mentally unstable.
One time, I was at Hexe Sanctuary trying to defeat 2 million skeletons on my way to leveling up to 56 when I met a young wizard. He stopped me in the middle of my bloodlust frenzy killing and started to chat. He said to me “How are you today?” Before I could even press enter to type my reply, he had hit me over the head several times with his wizard staff. I was dead on the spot. He zipped out of there like a bitch. I just sat there confused and wondered what the fuck just happened to me. All I knew was that nice polite wizard was a piece of shit and it shook me to the core. I learned a valuable lesson that day. I would never stop to have idle polite chit chat with somebody in combat areas and wizards are dead to me.
If you do have somebody hovering around or bothering you in combat areas, here is what you can do:
1. Let them just kill you. (I don’t recommend this because you will lose combat experience)
2. Run away (I do this fairly often because I worked hard on leveling up and don’t need to lose combat experience)
3. Switch servers. (You can switch servers every 15 minutes.)
4. Try to kill them. (Why not, give it a go…you might lose though)
5. Message them and beg them to be your friend. (I tried this once and was rejected)
6. Report them to BDO for being bastards. (Good luck with this..BDO will not help)
7. Turn PVP off. (I keep my PVP off but have still been killed)
How to enable rallies:
You must belong to a Fashion House first.
Click on “Runaway Rally” at the top.
Scroll down and you will see “Rally Participation” with a toggle switch.
Toggle this on if you want to participate, toggle off if you do not.
Head of House or Officers have to start the rally but you have to enable it before one starts.
If you enable it after the rally has started; you will not be included until the next rally.