If you are on your way to discover Valencia City for the first time, you will probably run into this quest before you get there.
In this quest, you will need to discover Ibellab Oasis that is located in the desert. You will have to find some travelers located right outside of Gahaz Bandits Lair.
(See Map Below)
When you reach these three travelers, be sure you are still on your horse because once you talk to one of them, they take off to Ibellab Oasis. Just “R” to chat to one of them and just follow the one to the Oasis. (You don’t need to chat to all three)
Things you will need when you are in the desert – so prepare before you go:
- Water (Put the water on your hot bar)
- Star Anise Tea (To warm your body up at night)
- Compass (There are 3 parts to a compass – you can buy the parts off the marketplace then put together)
- Some type of ride (Horse or a Camel)
- Shovels (For quests later down the road)
Kitty Powers’ Matchmaker
Genre: Dating / Stimulation
Summary: You work at a dating agency and you goal is to find love connections for your clients.
Here are the bad ones first: I think the graphics could be better. It’s not the worst that I have seen but definitely not great. Some parts of the game got a bit tedious especially if you ended up picking the same restaurant multiple times. The good part is that I thought the game was hilarious. I got several good chuckles from the situations that the characters were involved in and the game developers were really creative when it came to character names and hobbies. The mini games were challenging enough and in some cases, you could cheat if you wanted too. I don’t mind being a cheater so that worked for me. Below, there is a small guide for some tips & hints on how to play and do well.
I would recommend this especially if you are just looking for a relaxing casual game.
Kitty Powers’ Matchmaker Tips:
- Pay attention to how the character’s appearance and their attire. This is a clue on what type of personality they are. You have, for example, geeky, sporty, hippie, edgy and etc.
- Astrological signs are not that important. It helps but it’s not important to make a relationship work.
- You need two or more personality traits to match up in order for the characters to want to start a relationship. (This is the 3rd tab on the profile)
- 3 star rated characters do not like going to 1 start restaurants. VIP characters are even more picky. The date will give you a strike for this.
- Your date will give you a strike if you take them to the same restaurant twice.
- You can only talk about most topics one time with the exception of interests. You can talk about that up to 3 times with the same date. Do not pick the same interests each time though.
- You get bonus points if both characters have matching professions or matching hobbies / likes.
- If the character gets their heart broke three times, they will leave the agency.
- If their date reaches 3 strikes during dinner, the date will walk out of the restaurant.
- Every time, you unlock a restaurant; you are also unlocking new mini games.
- If you know your date is an extrovert, you don’t have to worry about passing the farting mini game. An extrovert will not care if you fart.
- A date, who is an extrovert, will not care if you talk to your ex in the restaurant. You will not have to lie. If you are on a date with an introvert, you will have to lie or you will get a strike from your date.
- In order for a couple to have children, they will have to be an A / A + pair.
Credits: (Check landmark page for links)
Outfit Shirt & Pants: RUST REPUBLIC [silhouette] @ Cosmopolitan
Head: Catwa Lona
Skin: Pumec (skin in the gacha machine inside the store)
Eyes: Catwa Mesh Eyes
Eye Appliers: Suicidal Unborn – -SU!- Osanna Eyes Fatpack (The Fatpack has more color options)
Hair: DOUX – Jessa Hairstyle
Body: Maitreya Lara
Pose: ::WetCat:: ‘Fresh’ Prop set [Bento]
Location: Baja Isles
Credits: (Check out landmark page for other landmarks)
Outfit: RUST REPUBLIC [a simpl truth] gray body maitreya (The owner is such a sweetheart. Check her stuff out. Mainstore)
Head: Catwa Lona Bento
Skin: Pumec (This is a skin in the gacha machine inside the store)
Eyes: Catwa Mesh Eyes
Eye Appliers: Suicidal Unborn – -SU!- Osanna Eyes Fatpack (The Fatpack has more color options)
Hair: Lamb. Wide Awake
Ears: HARO Ripped Ears
Rings: .pt. deity ring – delux – m
Body: Maitreya Lara
Pose: ::WetCat::& UnFlat ‘Winds’ Pinwheel
A lot of people have asked me over the years how I take close up pictures and how I make the models eyes look so expressive.
Here’s are some things that I do when I take pictures. I’ll start with my graphic settings for the pictures.
Graphic Preferences: (Click on any to enlarge)
I take my pictures in Ultra graphics. If your computer cannot handle Ultra, try high or medium. They will be at least better than low.
I save my pictures roughly around 6000 pixel width to 3000 / 4000 pixel height. After I am finished editing in photoshop, I will resize the picture to around 2000 pixels in width. It’s better to save your picture as large as you can and then resize after editing. I can try to explain this one all day but trust me, you will want to do this.
I use firestorm as my viewer. I find it’s better for taking pictures then the default SL viewer.
I use photo tools a lot. The main thing I do is change the Depth of view -view angle. I don’t turn Depth of Field on. I just use the view angle on that tab.
DOF view angle combined with the free cam tool, you can use the mouse wheel to zoom in closer than you usually can.
See Part Two – Editing the face shape to make the eyes look more expressive
Photography tutorial part 2: How I make the eyes look so expressive.
Emotion in the eyes:
When it comes to capturing emotions in the eyes, I do a few tricks. It’s not natural by any means.
1. I do use mesh eyes. (Catwa eyes to be exact) The hud that comes with the Catwa eyes allows you to move the eyes in different directions. This is helpful when you are posing to have the eyes stay in the position that you want them in. You do not have to use Catwa eyes but it is handy to have that Hud with the eyes.
2. Depending on what emotion I am trying to capture, I will move the mesh eyes up or down. I find if I want to capture anger, hostility or even a sensual pose; I move the iris more towards the top of the eyelid. If I am looking for a soft, sad, depressed or even a more innocent expression; I move the iris closer to the bottom. (See pictures below)
3. I edit my face shape. I have several shapes saved for pictures that I custom made myself. With one shape, the outer corner of the eyes are intentionally turned downwards. (Not a lot because I don’t want to make it super noticeable) This gives the face a natural sadden appearance. When you experience grief or are crying, the outer corners of your eyes will turn downwards. When you are overjoyed or excited, those outer corners will turn up. So based on the type of picture is the shape I use.
4. Not all mesh eyes are created equal. I think we all can tell the difference between noob eyes and high quality eyes. I tend to use eyes that I know will photograph well. There are a lot of good quality eyes that look great but for some reason just don’t photograph well. It’s just like real life when you think you look great and then somebody shows you a picture of yourself from a party and your eyes look like they belong in the black pits of hell. After a lot of trial and error, I have found several people that make wonderful photographic worthy eyes. (I have not tried all the eyes in Second Life – these are just my personal preference – use the eyes you personally like)
5. Here are a list of eye makers to try out if you are struggling: (Again, I use the Catwa Eye system with appliers from the designers below)
a. A R T E
c. Go & See
e. IKON (He doesn’t really update but his eyes are mesh and they come with a hud)
5. Eyebrow shapes are seriously important to your picture. The wrong eyebrow shape can really make your picture look like shit. Here are two pictures using different eyebrow shapes: I think you can see the difference in facial expressions.
Will write up a tutorial for wind lights soon. So look for part three soon.
Black Desert Online: Tips & What I wish I knew at the beginning:
This game is so vast and there is so much to do. It really is impossible to do everything.
I have been playing for 2 years and have not even done a 1/3 of it yet.
Don’t get overwhelmed by it all and take it slow.
Trying to do everything at once will only achieve burn out.
Get a pet.
If you purchase anything from the Pearl shop, then a pet is a must.
Occasionally, you can get a free pet from the Daily attendance but it is not every month.
You have little hope of ever purchasing a pet off the marketplace.
You can have up to 5 pets out at one time.
Pets pick up your loot and give you bonuses for combat and life skills. (Loot = Money/Silver)
Pearl Shop is a rip off.
Everything is way over price.
Pearl shop does have sales and coupons every once in a while.
Try out different characters first to see which ones you like the best before buying character items in the pearl shop.
If you ever have to delete a character, some of those pearl items will not transfer to other characters.
Fishing is the best way for a beginner to earn lots of silver.
You can AKF fish and still earn silver.
PVP begins at level 50.
You don’t have to PVP.
Other players can kill you in combat areas even if you do not have PVP activated. (Only after level 50)
You can lose experience when you die.
Some of the crystals might break in your weapons and armor if you die.
Awakening begins at level 56
You cannot add crystals to your awakening weapon.
Buy a horse as soon as possible. Does not need to be expensive or high tier.
It will be too difficult and time consuming to run everywhere.
Do the Black Spirit quests.
Those quests will reward you with inventory slots and combat experience.
Black Spirit quests need to be done in order to unlock other quests.
Do not sell!
You will need a shit ton of these to level up weapons and armor.
I do not recommend selling items from rewards or events until you are sure what they are.
You are rewarded the longer you stay on the server even if you are AFK.
You are rewarded for having multiple characters.
These are actually encouraged in this game.
It is best to have one main fighting character and make the additional characters geared towards life skills.
Reason is because leveling up weapon and armor is very expensive and a long drawn out process.
Characters part two
Not all characters are created equal.
I do not recommend making the “Ranger” character your first one.
The “Ranger” is difficult to level up and cannot combat mobs like the other characters.
The ranger is a good character but it is not a killing machine.
Good beginning characters: Striker, Dark Knight, and Tamer. (Only my opinion)
Characters part three
Your character name can be important. Depending on what you name your character will be the deciding factor whether you get killed a lot or not.
I named one of my character after a venereal disease and people are constantly trying to kill me.
There has been a few guilds that have refused to let me join over the character’s name.
Changing a character or family name will cost you actual money from the Pearl Shop.
So choose wisely! Unless, you like being verbally abused, trolled and even killed.
Pay to Win
BDO has a lot of high priced crap in their pearl shop but the game is not pay to win.
BDO is one huge sandbox and there is no winning scenario.
You can buy stuff that will give you extra boosts but you can also obtain that without spending real money.
High powered weapons, armor and other things, you will have to actually work for it.
Beginner Weapons & Armor
You will get beginner weapons and armor from starter quests.
Do not level these up. It is a waste of black stones.
You cannot re-sell these on the marketplace.
Olvia servers (It is Olvia not Olivia)
You can only play on the Olvia servers if you are new and for up to 30 days.
Join those servers for the max allowed time.
Olvia servers give you extra experience that will help you level up.
You can switch servers every 15 minutes.
This is handy if you somebody is bothering you or you are in an overcrowded location.
It’s not necessary to join a guild to play the game.
If you do join a guild – there are PVP and PVE guilds.
Joining a guild does provide you with extra perks and boosts.
Grind unused cheap crystals and turn them into black stone powder.
You will need lots of this powder for various projects / crafting.
Some of the server chat is cancer.
You can turn off certain chats and even make the window smaller so that it is less distracting.
You can mute people in chat.
There are a lot of notifications in BDO that automatically show up on default.
It’s annoying and distracting. You can turn off the majority of them in your settings.
BDO gives you daily funds.
The amount of funds depend on all your characters combined combat, knowledge and life skill levels.
I have 6 characters between the levels of 56 and 59. I get over million of silver per day.
If you need to repair your weapons or armor and there is not a blacksmith around, look for a stable.
Stable personnel will also make repairs.
Easy life skills for beginners: Fishing, Cooking, Alchemy, Farming, Gathering, Processing and Trading.
More difficult life skills: Horse Training, Sailing and Hunting.
AFK life skills: Fishing, Cooking, Alchemy, Processing and Horse Training.
Pressing “H” brings up your knowledge screen.
The more knowledge you obtain thru quests or other means will equal more energy for your character /family.
You need contribution points for a house, extra storage, worker crafting stations and unlocking nodes.
BDO: Fishing Pro Tip
If you often leave your character on (while AFK) fishing then you definitely need to try out this location.
There is a little pond just outside of Duvencrune. (See Picture) There is an NPC located there that has a daily quest.
In this repeat quest, all you need to do is catch a “Korean Loach” fish and you are rewarded with 400 contribution experience.
If you are going to be AFK fishing, you might as well get some contribution experience from it too. Right around the corner from this pond, is a trader, blacksmith, storage and central market.
You can sell your fish, repair your rod and put your money in storage.
This location is never super crowded and nothing troll-ish happens there. In a few hours, I usually catch close to two million worth in silver. I will also get ancient relic crystal shards with a minimum of 1 but I have got as many as 12 before.
Gear & Stats
Fishing Master 8
7+ Epheria Fishing Rod
6+ Maple Float
1+ Fishing outfit
If you have a couple of choices with fishing rods but for long AFK fishing, I prefer Epheria. You can repair it and use it over and over.
I bought an upgraded one off marketplace and at 7+, this rod has 120 durability. The float helps catch better more expensive fish.
The fishing outfit gives me experience to level up in fishing. I’m debating whether to buy a higher grade outfit but not sure it’s worth the money.
*I usually buy upgraded items instead of upgrading them myself. I do not want to lose the black stones or break the item. Sometimes, it just cost more to upgrade an item then to simply buy it off marketplace.
BDO: Taking a Photo
Use Snippet or Print Screen to capture your photo.
Photos (Print Screen) should be saved in \Documents\Black Desert\Screenshot
Tips / Tricks
· CTRL + U (Hide your UI / Huds)
· Q (Sit or Crouch)
· Arrow Keys (Adjust Camera Position)
· Using Mouse Wheel or Shift + Up/Down Arrow Keys (zooming in or out)
· CTRL + Left / Right Arrow Keys (Depth of Field – This needs to be turned on in settings first)
· CTRL + Up/Down Arrow Keys (Depth of field strength – Turned on in settings)
· CTRL + Shift + Up/Down Arrow Keys (Change Photo Filters)